SIC 2014 will be held October 15-16, featuring a jam-packed combination of presentations, structured networking events, a company exhibition Hub and an after-hours party. Dedicated to the theme of "Makers,” the two-day event is set for The Conference Center of the Washington State Convention Center in downtown Seattle. We expect more than 4,000 attendees from throughout the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
Makers are thought-leaders who drive inspiration and change with the next big idea, as well as companies that successfully cultivate innovation and then translate it into commerce. What can everyone learn from their experiences integrating new ideas and visions? Are today’s companies truly positioned to embrace change? What are the critical new tools at-hand, both for individuals and organizations?
An Early Bird Registration special is in effect through midnight this Sunday, September 7, providing a 20% discount.
Some of the more than 75 featured speakers at SIC 2014 include:
- Nick Hanauer, a renowned entrepreneur, investor, author and activist. Hanauer has managed, founded or financed more than 30 companies, These Include Amazon.com (he was instrumental in the initial funding of the company), Aquantive Inc., (purchased by Microsoft in 2007 for $6.4 billion), Insitu group (purchased by Boeing for $400 million), and Market Leader (purchased by Trulia in 2013 for $350 million).
- Cey Adams, a digital and design pioneer who created visual identities, album covers, logos, and advertising campaigns for Run DMC, Beastie Boys, LL Cool J, Public Enemy, Notorious B.I.G., Maroon 5, and Jay-Z;
- Greg Whitely, an award-winning filmmaker who is currently completing a documentary about creativity, innovation and education in the 21st Century. He is well known as the mind behind “Mitt,” a political documentary about former presidential candidate Mitt Romney;
- Janelle Maiocco, CEO and Founder of Farmstr, an online farmer-to-consumer marketplace. Her company aims to disrupt the current global food system by creating an efficient sales channel for small local, sustainable producers to sell direct to customers, increase sales and margin;
- Jeremiah Owyang, Chief Catalyst and Founder of Crowd Companies. He and his company focus on how disruptive Web technologies—such as social media, the collaborative economy, and interactive marketing—impact the relevance of corporations to customers today and in the future.
“We are excited to bring SIC 2014 attendees a world-class mix of perspectives directly from many of those driving and defining what the digital landscape is today and will be in years to come,” said Brian Rauschenbach, SIC curator. “SIC 2014 builds on our heritage of providing individuals and companies from throughout the Pacific Northwest and beyond with useful new information, powerful networking opportunities, actionable lessons and practical takeaways.”
In addition to a full slate of programming, SIC 2014 will again feature structured networking breaks during the conference, a bustling exhibit area for sponsoring companies to directly interact with attendees, post-show Happy Hours, and an after-hours party.
SIC x AT&T Wearables Hackathon
What would you build if you could simply and easily store data from thousands of devices deployed in the real-world and connected via wifi and cellular networks?
Seattle Interactive Conference and the AT&T Developer Program, with support fromCobalt, Greenqloud and Microsoft, have partnered to create a unique Hackathon event on the weekend of October 26-27 at REACTOR, 2820 Elliott Ave at Broad St, Seattle, WA 98121 (new venue), immediately prior to SIC.
AT&T is launching a service that enables developers to simply and easily store large sets of connected device data directly in the cloud. We invite you to participate in an opportunity to obtain early access to the service and to collaborate with us to build a powerful developer-focused ecosystem. The best applications and services built at the the Wearables Hackathon will have the chance win prizes and meet with the Business Development team from AT&T's M2M group.
This two-day Hackathon will cover the ins and outs of the service, the client libraries, and will include the participation of ecosystem partners. Snacks, lunch, dinner and beverages included!
Five finalists will then present their concepts at the Seattle Interactive Conference on Tuesday afternoon, on-stage and in front of our hand-selected industry judges.
Staff members from HaikuDeck.com will be available and on-site to help you with your presentations for Tuesday if you are selected as a finalist. The winner of the hackathon will have the option available to them to showcase their product at SIC://2014.
Where: REACTOR, 2820 Elliott Ave at Broad St, Seattle, WA 98121 (new venue)
Dates: Saturday, Oct 26th + Sunday, Oct 27th
Read more details about the Hackathon, or register for the event.
Guys and gals, what better way to celebrate your city than with Timmy?
Take a photo of Timmy at your favorite local haunt or landmark (bonus points if you pair it with a clever caption à la your locale), and post it on Instagram with tags #sic2013, #wherestimmy, and #hometowntimmy. The deadline is Mon Sept 16th at 11:59pm and the winner will be announced Wed Sept 18th!
Read more details and download Timmy here: www.seattleinteractive.com/wherestimmy.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner for the Where's Timmy? Instagram contest! We asked our agency friends around Seattle to take a picture of Timmy at their place of work. Man, it was a tough call! Creativity abounds with these guys. But we can only choose one...
Congratulations @weareratio, you won a free Gold Pass to the 2013 Seattle Interactive Conference!
Did you miss the deadline this go around? No worries! Over the next month, there will be three more chances to win a free Gold Pass to the 2013 conference. We will be announcing the next theme and the due date later today. Stay tuned!
Join SIC and Knoll for our final summer edition of our office crawl to visit the creative tech offices in center of the universe of Fremont neighborhoods on Thursday Sept 5th from 4-6pm. There is no start or end point and the offices will be open and accessible for 2 hours for you to check out and network with other members. Feel free to invite others that might be interested in this event.
RSVP on MeetUp
Analytics Pros - 1546 NW 56th Street, Seattle, WA 98107 (pending)
Haiku Deck - 619 N. 35th Street, Suite #101M, Seattle, WA 98103
Vitamin T - 1109 N 36th Street, Seattle, WA 98103
WINTR - 3621 Stone Way N, Suite B, Seattle, WA 98103
If you would like to be included in our Fremont edition office crawl, email email@example.com.
WINTR is a digital creative company. They solve the future. Uniting strategy, technology and design in the service of innovation, we create digital experiences to engage and motivate people.
Haiku Deck feels crafting a compelling story should be a joyful creative exercise. We believe everyone has amazing stories and ideas, and we're here to help you set your story free.
Vitamin T connects amazing digital creative talent with awesome mid-sized companies and ad agencies.